Call for Submissions
ISCHE 42,19–22 August 2020
Örebro University Sweden
ISCHE and Örebro University Sweden would like to invite ISCHE members to submit to the 2020 edition of the International Standing Conference for the History of Education, taking place on 19 - 22 August 2020 at Örebro University, Sweden.
Conference Theme 2020:
"Looking from Above and Below: Rethinking the Social in the History of Education"
For reading the full theme visit the conference website.
We welcome the submission of papers that promote the development of the concept of “the social” in history of education in as yet unexplored ways.
The following seven sub-themes are of particular interest:
- Rethinking the social within the “turns” in history of education: methods and theories
- Social history of educational knowledge, media and learning technologies
- Populism, social justice and human rights in history of education
- De-centralized histories of education: non-binary and postcolonial approaches
- New social educational histories from emerging margins of society
- Scale, diversity, and digital applications as challenges in the history of education
- Material and visual approaches to the social in the history of education
Submission are to be made via the ISCHE submission system at: www.conftool.org/ische2020
- 15 January 2019: Proposals submission deadline
- 15 March 2020: Authors notified of acceptance
- 15 April 2020: Conference program finalized
- 10 May 2020: Last day to register at early registration rates
- 19–22 August 2020: ISCHE Conference 42, Örebro (Sweden)
Conference venue: Campus Örebro, Örebro University Sweden
Conference webpage: https://www.oru.se/HumES/ISCHE2020
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org